Penhas Douradas: Where are you going
The main objective of this tour is to get to know Penhas Douradas. But to this place of great historical and scenic interest, there are other equally interesting ones.
You will start at Cruz das Jugadas with views to the peaks of Estrela. Next is Campo Romão, a plateau site where rye cultivation and grazing predominate. You will also visit the Meteorological Observatory of Penhas Douradas, the source of the Mondego River and the Rossim Valley. In this bathing area you can cool off on the hottest summer days.
Soon after, the trip continues towards the typical houses of that area, among beautiful forests. But also, there will be no lack of panoramic views of the mountain and the village of Manteigas.
On the way back, you’ll go through Carvalheira. A dense forest of large resinous trees.
An excellent way to discover one of the most beautiful and unique areas of Serra da Estrela.
- Includes: helmet, first aid kit, lights, padlock, anti-puncture spray, GARMIN GPS and technical assistance / ebike replacement.
- Guide: 40€ / group (includes insurance and photos of the activity).
- Register your adventure, rent a GoPro Hero 9 for €20 / group.
- Halfway through the journey, in full communion with nature, why not a Mountain Picnic? Surprise your partner, friends or family! Price per person: 35€.
- Child Seat up to 22Kg: 10€
About the Tour
Tour with a low degree of physical difficulty. It offers variants for participants with more or less experience in mountain biking and a variant to do with a child seat for children up to 22KG.
You should bring comfortable clothes for cycling, water and snacks.
Minimum height 150 cm.
Make your reservation now!
Do you have doubts or questions? Get in touch. Leave your message here: